Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time, fixed term position at the level of Postdoctoral Researcher or Research Fellow, depending on candidate experience, in Software Project Management & Open/Inner Source with Lero at the National University of Ireland, Galway. This position is available from January 2017 for an initial two years, with the possibility of extension for a further 2 years subject to successful project outcomes.
Information on Lero group at NUI Galway – http://lero.nuigalway.ie
JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful candidate will work in a team of postdoctoral researchers and PhD students under the supervision of Professor Kieran Conboy & Dr. Lorraine Morgan at NUI Galway. The team’s research focuses on contemporary approaches to software development, namely Open/Inner Source, agile and flow in software development, and project portfolio management. The postholder must have an in-depth understanding of software development methods generally. The researcher will be in close collaboration with Lero’s industry partners. The successful candidate must have strong industry communication, and collaboration and coordination skills to sustain fruitful industry–academic relationships between the partners and the university.
– The ideal candidate is expected to publish in the top-tier outlets in information systems and/or software engineering, and must have a strong publication record as well as excellent writing skills.
– He/she is expected to actively participate in new research funding opportunities, such as the development of research proposals.
– The research fellow must be a motivated self-starter, as well as being focused and exacting in their work ethic.
– Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent.
– Relevant extensive experience in the area of software development methods.
– Excellent communications skills, both verbally as well as in writing.
– Evidence of strong publication record.
– Evidence of research project management including the co-supervision of students.
– Awareness of the research environment and the various grant sources and application mechanisms
– Strong coordination, organisational and management skills.
– Good record of services to, and participation in, the academic community.
– Good dissemination skills targeting non-academic audiences (industry-focused).
– Track record of designing, developing and managing research projects
– Track record of securing external funding
– Experience of leading and managing a research group.
SALARY: €37,750 – €46,255 per annum (Postdoctoral Researcher level) €51,716 – €56,442 per annum (Research Fellow level)
START DATE: Position is available from February 2017.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT/TRAINING: Researchers at NUI Galway are encouraged to avail of a range of training and development opportunities designed to support their personal career development plans.
Further information on research and working at NUI Galway is available at http://www.nuigalway.ie/our-research/
For information on moving to Ireland please see www.euraxess.ie
Further information about Lero can be found at www.lero.ie
Informal enquiries concerning the post may be made to Professor Kieran Conboy at Lero, National University of Ireland Galway – email@example.com.
TO APPLY: Applications to include a covering letter, CV, and the contact details of three referees should be sent, via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Gwen Ryan: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put reference number NUIG-150-16 in subject line of e-mail application. Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm Monday 19th December 2016. Interviews are planned to be held on 18th/19th January 2017.